Leaves are just now starting turn signaling winter’s return. Cold, grey winter days are great times to plan a family reuni0n. If you need ideas for your family reunion, keep reading.
It’s okay to be somewhat skeptical about planning a family reunion. After all, it’s hard to plan a family reunion without including, well uh….family. And when you get family involved, anything can happen. But family is important, family can make you laugh, make you cry, sometimes at the same time. Families deserve a time set aside to honor the importance of family. It’s one thing to talk about how much family members mean — it really means something when you take the time and effort to plan and execute a family reunion. Family Reunions should honor all generations. So what do you say? Want to plan a family reunion? We would love to help!
First things first, relax. Families aren’t perfect and neither are family reunions. There will be issues that come up; don’t let them stress you out. Deal with them and move on. Here are some tips for planning your family reunion.
1. Start early. Cold, grey days are really some good times to plan a family reunion. If you are planning the reunion, chances are you are a very busy person — you know the saying, want something done, get a busy person to do it. The earlier you start the less stressful this will be.
2. Think about what kind of family reunion you want to have for your family. Admittedly, we want you to come to Branson, Missouri and have your family reunion here. Now, we have the tools you are going to need to use regardless if you come to Branson or not, but that is what we want you to do. But, you need to think about the end result.
Are you wanting to have a family reunion at a church in your hometown? A family members home? Or have everyone meet at a destination? Say, like Branson:)
3. How much say are you going to get from the family? Are you going to put this up for a vote? Are you going to tell them where it is and see if they want to show up? How do you want to handle those details?
4. Is there a special occasion to have the family reunion around? A wedding? An anniversary? A significant birthday? These are handy because you can kill two birds with one stone.
5. Get some help. Your family is made up of people with all kinds of talents. Think about those talents and get people involved so you are not having to do all the work.
6. Every family has leaders. Have a meeting with those leaders and get their buy-in on the family reunion. They can help you “sell it” to other family members.
7. Create a way to communicate with your family members. A little work early in the process will make communicating with your family a lot easier down the road. You can also create a face book page and only allow family members as friends.
Some common mistakes that you will want to avoid in planning your reunion:
1. Do not over schedule. Family Reunions need to allow time for visiting.
2. Do not assume that younger generations won’t want to spend time with the older generation. Putting these groups together could create some special times.
3. Look for ways to teach family history — without driving people crazy.
How can Branson Family Reunion Planner help you?
1. Organization – we will provide you a planner’s guide to help you stay focused on the right step. We will help you remember all that needs to be done and give you some tips on how to get the help you need.
2. Ideas that will help you avoid some of the biggest mistakes that people make in planning a family reunion.
3. We work with the best of the best of Branson and our partners will help you enjoy the sights and sounds of Branson, Missouri. We do not work with everybody in Branson. Our Partners are the same people we recommend to our family and friends when they come to the area.
4. We are not a time share. When you do business with us, we will not sell your information to a timeshare and we will not call you to ask you to come on a tour. When you work with Branson Family Reunion Planner, we are all about you having a great family reunion!
Why use Branson Family Reunion Planner? Whether you are having a family reunion, a week’s vacation or a weekend getaway, we can provide you the information you need regarding your Branson trip. Don’t let the name fool you.
Our only mission is to get you the information you need. No timeshare, no tour requests, just great information from the best of the best of Branson.
Register with us, and we will immediately send you free, easy to use materials that will help you have a great time in Branson. You will receive:
Our partner’s piece. You can do your own research with this document. It has our partner’s websites, emails, phone numbers, and contact people. It is very helpful, but we can do better. The Tell Us More Registry is a much better option. It is free and easy to use!
Just fill out one registry (it will take less than a minute). We will send it to ALL of our partners. Based on your requests, our partners will get back to you with their prices and availability. You will then make an informed decision. With our partners, you can’t go wrong and since we are not affiliated with a timeshare, you won’t be asked to take a tour.
It is a very simple process.
- Enter your email address
- Check your email and verify your address on our confirmation email.
- We will immediately send you our partner piece and a link to our Tell Us More Registry.
- Fill out the Tell Us More Registry (it will take you less than a minute)
- You enter your information ONE time, we send it out to our partners
- Our partners will get you all the information you need to plan your Branson Trip.
- You come to Branson and have a great time!
We promise, our partners will take great care of you. Just enter your email address and get registered!
Additionally, we have some free gifts for you, including a Family Reunion Planner’s guide. This guide comes with template emails that you can copy and paste to your email to help you communicate regarding your family reunion.
We want to help you create great memories!
Hey, who knows, we might see you in Branson.